The Global Cinematography Institute (GCI) is devoted to education of cinematographers and filmmakers as the industry continues to extend into the digital and virtual realms. Along with teaching students concepts and techniques in "Traditional Cinematography", GCI also provides a foundation in subjects such as "Virtual Cinematography", "Previsualization", "Digital Lighting", "Image Management" and more. The goal of the Institute is to take students to the next level and put them in position for meaningful careers in cinematography, present and future.
- Co-Founders Vilmos Zsigmond, ASC and Yuri Neyman, ASC
Be Part of the Future at Global Cinematography Institute!
"GCI is a revolution in education. It is an intimate tutorial by veteran filmmakers impressing their knowledge, secrets and experience to a new generation of filmmakers. The baton is being passed."
- Douglas Chase, Director/Producer (Graduate of Level 1)
Slideshow CSS by WOWSlider.com v4.8m
- Hands-on instruction on the GCI Practical Lighting stage as part of "Lighting for Feature Films" course.
- Learn concepts and techniques for modern cinematography and image making - "Expanded Cinematography"
- Special workshops with elite working cinematographers - learn from the best at GCI!
- Learn groundbreaking techniques for creating modern digital imagery through virtual technologies.
- Learn from world-renound cinematographers, gaffers, digital lighting artists, virtual camera technicians, DITs, colorists and previsualization experts with GCI's diverse faculty!
- Become knowledgeable in the latest lighting technologies being using on current Hollywood feature film and television productions.
- GCI students visit Activison Headquarters in Los Angeles to learn about the newest motion capture technologies being used in video games.
- Combining "Traditional" and "Virtual/Digital" Cinematography results in the concept of an "Expanded Cinematographer" taught at GCI.
"I believe that I will be much more effective at my job as a result of the holistic approach the course took. I will be in a much better place to make informed choices in all areas of cinematography, camera choice, lighting instruments, workflows, aesthetic approach, etc."
- Milton Santiago, Director of Photography (Graduate of Level 1 & 2)
How it all works
Click here to learn more about the course structure of GCI and how to become part of the next step in Expanded Cinematography℠
TestimonialsWhat are students saying about Global Cinematography Institute? Click here to read what they had to say.
Vision statementWhat we are about and how we plan to do it. Click here to learn more.
our PhotosSee the institute in action! Click here to view our latest news and photos.
Learn from the BestOur mission is to bring the most highly qualified instructors with decades of industry experience. Click here to see our distinguished faculty of instructors.