Become Part of the Future at
Global Cinematography Institute
"I continue to be overwhelmed by the quality of education and engagement provided by the Global Cinematography Institute. I had established a connection with a powerful ally and network of likeminded professionals backed by a robust curriculum that is second to none!"
- J.Andy Moreno, Cinematographer (Graduate of Level 1)
- Hands-on instruction on the GCI Practical Lighting stage as part of "Lighting for Feature Films" course.
- Learn concepts and techniques for modern cinematography and image making - "Expanded Cinematography"
- Special workshops with elite working cinematographers - learn from the best at GCI!
- Learn groundbreaking techniques for creating modern digital imagery through virtual technologies.
- Learn from world-renound cinematographers, gaffers, digital lighting artists, virtual camera technicians, DITs, colorists and previsualization experts with GCI's diverse faculty!
- Become knowledgeable in the latest lighting technologies being using on current Hollywood feature film and television productions.
- GCI students visit Activison Headquarters in Los Angeles to learn about the newest motion capture technologies being used in video games.
- Combining "Traditional" and "Virtual/Digital" Cinematography results in the concept of an "Expanded Cinematographer" taught at GCI.
"I think GCI has pushed me to strive for even higher quality images, to explore new technologies and to think differently about the role of the cinematographer. It is very clear that the gap between traditional filmmaking and ever expanding virtual filmmaking is wide and needs to be bridged in many ways. Finding ways to bridge these gaps will make one more of an asset to the production and the budget, which will ultimately lead to more work."
- Justin Lubke, Cinematographer (Graduate of Level 1)
About Global Cinematography Institute:
How it all works
Click here to learn more about the course structure of GCI and how to become part of the next step in Expanded Cinematography℠
What are students saying about Global Cinematography Institute? Click here to read what they had to say.
What we are about and how we plan to do it. Click here to learn more.
See the institute in action! Click here to view our latest news and photos.
Learn from the Best
Our mission is to bring the most highly qualified instructors with decades of industry experience. Click here to see our distinguished faculty of instructors.
Global Cinematography Institute is located in Hollywood, California.
All classes are held at a different location: Hollywood Rentals Grip & Electric Facility in Sylmar area of Los Angeles (near Burbank).